Bitsquare is an open-source desktop application that allows you to buy and sell bitcoins in exchange for national currencies or alternative crypto currencies.
Features and Philosophy
Unlike traditional online exchanges, Bitsquare is designed to be:
- Instantly accessible – no need for registration or approval from a central authority.
- Decentralized – there is no single point of failure. The system is peer-to-peer and trading can not be stopped or censored.
- Safe – Bitsquare never holds your funds. Decentralized arbitration system and security deposits protect traders.
- Private – no one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.
- Secure – end-to-end encrypted communication routed over Tor.
- Open – every aspect of the project is transparent. The code is open source.
- Easy – we take usability seriously.
Bitsquare is for those who do not want to forfeit control or privacy to a central authority in order to trade with other individuals.